The goal of this module is to provide the reader with information related to sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) among individuals over age 50.
Course Publication Date: June 30, 2010
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Susanne J. Pavlovich-Danis RN, MSN, ARNP-C, CDE
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Medical & Surgical Issues
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2012.
- Identify factors that place older individuals at risk for developing STDs
- Identify barriers to HIV/AIDS diagnosis among older individuals
- Discuss the relationship between pharmacotherapy for erectile dysfunction and the incidence of STDs among older individuals
- Describe physiologic changes in older females that increase their risk for developing an STD
- List unique psychosocial concerns of older individuals with an STD or HIV