The goal of this course is to help health care professionals understand and educate their patients regarding lipid-lowering medicine, as well as monitor the safety and therapeutic effectiveness of HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor medications.
Course Publication Date: June 30, 2010
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RNC, BS, CDE
|Category:||Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
Nutrition & Fitness & Complimentary
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2012.
- Describe common drug interactions with HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors.
- Discuss how nurses can monitor patients for possible adverse drug events and/or the efficacy of HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors.
- Describe teaching for a patient taking HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors.
- Name four of the major types of commonly prescribed cardiovascular medications.
- State two HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors.