The goal of this course is to help healthcare professionals learn about mesothelioma symptoms, diagnosis, stages, treatment and more.
This course is available for FREE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RNC, BS, CDE
|Date Offered:||4/15/2014 9:11 PM - 9:11 PM
|Categories:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2012.
- Discuss who mesothelioma affects most often and how the incidence rates have increased in the past 20 years.
- List two symptoms of peritoneal mesothelioma.
- Describe how a diagnosis of mesothelioma is made.
- Name two staging systems for mesothelioma.
- Describe the traditional kinds of treatment for malignant mesothelioma.
- Name three symptoms of pleural mesothelioma.
- Describe how exposure to asbestos can cause mesothelioma 30-40 years later.
- List three names for the mesothelium, depending on its location in the body.