The goal of this course is to help healthcare professionals learn about mesothelioma symptoms, diagnosis, stages, treatment and more.
Course Publication Date: June 30, 2010
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RNC, BS, CDE
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2012.
- Discuss who mesothelioma affects most often and how the incidence rates have increased in the past 20 years.
- List two symptoms of peritoneal mesothelioma.
- Describe how a diagnosis of mesothelioma is made.
- Name two staging systems for mesothelioma.
- Describe the traditional kinds of treatment for malignant mesothelioma.
- Name three symptoms of pleural mesothelioma.
- Describe how exposure to asbestos can cause mesothelioma 30-40 years later.
- List three names for the mesothelium, depending on its location in the body.