The purpose of this course is to stress the importance of managing postoperative nausea and vomiting in the surgical setting, mainly focusing on the Transdermal Scopolamine Patch.
Course Publication Date: July 19, 2010
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Category:||Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2014.
- List the risk factors and surgical factors that are common predictors of PONV
- List the benefits of using the scope patch preoperatively
- Identify the contraindications with usage of the scope patch
- List side effects of the scopolamine patch
- Explain the importance of managing postoperative nausea and vomiting with surgical patients