The purpose of this course is to stress the importance of managing postoperative nausea and vomiting in the surgical setting, mainly focusing on the Transdermal Scopolamine Patch.
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Categories:||Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2014.
- List the risk factors and surgical factors that are common predictors of PONV
- List the benefits of using the scope patch preoperatively
- Identify the contraindications with usage of the scope patch
- List side effects of the scopolamine patch
- Explain the importance of managing postoperative nausea and vomiting with surgical patients