This article will describe how lifestyle choices, namely meditation, yoga, and diet, which are all ancient practices from the East can establish a balance between mind, body and soul. From these lifestyle choices, individuals can prevent and lower their risk for obesity, heart disease, and certain types of cancers, such as cancer of the lung. American lifestyle choices have shown an increase of spending of billions of dollars for over the counter medications to cope with chronic illnesses, which many have a root from chronic stress. Certainly, research has shown how stress negatively impacts the physical functioning of the body. This article will explore the research findings of how meditation, yoga, and diet promote a healthier well-being, thus lowering the risk of developing disease as a result of lifestyle choices.
This course is available for FREE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Elbina Rafizadeh RN, BSN, MSM
|Method:||Online Self Study
|Categories:||Career and Self
Medical & Surgical Issues
Nutrition & Fitness & Complimentary
Psychiatric & Mental Health
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2014.
- Describe how an imbalance between mind, body, and soul affects health
- Describe at least three food choices that promote health and healing
- Identify symptoms that suggest an imbalance between mind, body, and soul
- Describe the role of yoga in the prevention of disease
- Describe how meditation can improve health and well being