The goal of this course is to help health care professionals understand and educate their patients regarding mastocytosis.
Course Publication Date: June 01, 2011
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RNC, BS, CDE
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Critical Care Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2013.
- Discuss the epidemiology of this disease.
- List three signs and symptoms of cutaneous mastocytosis.
- List five signs and symptoms of systemic mastocytosis.
- Discuss how the diagnosis of mastocytosis is made.
- Discuss the difference between cutaneous and systemic mastocytosis.
- Describe the mainstay of therapy for mastocytosis.
- State the age at which mastocytosis commonly occurs.