The purpose of this course is to instruct the professional nurse in a type of nursing which focuses on caring for terminally ill patients while allowing them to die with dignity. This type of nursing is referred to as hospice care. What hospice care is and what hospice care does as well as who benefits from hospice care will be explored and described in detail. Upon completion of this course the professional nurse will possess an increased understanding of hospice care and the many benefits it provides to patient, family, and community alike; and will be able to meet the following objectives.
This course is available for FREE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Gloria Tartaglia RN
|Method:||Online Self Study
|Categories:||Community & Home Health
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2013.
- Describe hospice care.
- State the benefits of hospice care.
- Explain how hospice care is financed.
- Compare hospice care with palliative care/home health care.
- Explain how hospice care is initiated.
- List the members of the hospice care team.
- State parameters for admission to a hospice care program.
- Describe the patient/family’s role during hospice care.
- Describe the nurse’s role during hospice care.
- Describe the role of each of the other hospice team members.