The purpose of this exam is to develop a basic understanding of the arterial blood gas (ABG) procedure and what it measures in terms of the patient’s condition.
Course Publication Date: June 20, 2011
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Ann Singh RN
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Course Expiration:||12/31/2015 NOTE: The course must be completed by the expiration date to receive credit
|Category:||Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2015.
- Understand what an ABG measures.
- Understand the procedure for performing an ABG.
- Understand the compensation mechanism of both the respiratory and metabolic systems.
- Understand the six steps to ABG Analysis
- Understand the four acid-base disorders.