The purpose of this exam is to develop a basic understanding of the arterial blood gas (ABG) procedure and what it measures in terms of the patient’s condition.
This course is available for FREE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Ann Singh RN
|Method:||Online Self Study
|Course Expiration:||12/31/2015 NOTE: The course must be completed by the expiration date to receive credit
|Categories:||Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2015.
- Understand what an ABG measures.
- Understand the procedure for performing an ABG.
- Understand the compensation mechanism of both the respiratory and metabolic systems.
- Understand the six steps to ABG Analysis
- Understand the four acid-base disorders.