The purpose of this course is to outline the incidence, transmission, symptoms, treatment, and preventive methods related to tick-borne diseases in the United States.
This course is available for FREE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Method:||Online Self Study
|Date Offered:||5/18/2013 2:29 PM - 2:29 PM
|Categories:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
- List 3 distinct life stages of hard ticks.
- List 11 tick-borne diseases.
- Discuss methods to prevent tick bites.
- Explain the method for removing a feeding tick.
- Discuss the symptoms and treatment for babesiosis.
- Describe the treatment for ehrlichiosis.
- Discuss possibilities of co-infection with human anaplasmosis.
- Describe the symptoms related to different stages of Lyme disease.
- List treatment options for Lyme disease.
- Discuss the classic triad of symptoms related to Rocky Mountains spotted fever.
- Explain the difference between Lyme disease and Southern tick-associated rash illness (STARI).
- List 3 methods of transmission of Q fever.
- List and discuss 6 types of tularemia.
- Explain what is meant by an arbovirus.
- Explain beginning and advanced symptoms of Powassan encephalitis.
- Describe Phase I and Phase II of the fever cycles related to Colorado tick fever.
- Describe the series of phases that are collectively known as a crisis in tick-borne relapsing fever.