This article will present a basic overview of CTS, discussing risk, etiology, diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
Course Publication Date: June 28, 2011
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Karen Edmondson RN, MN
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Course Expiration:||12/31/2015 NOTE: The course must be completed by the expiration date to receive credit
|Category:||Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2015.
- Describe signs and symptoms of CTS.
- Identify risk factors for work-related and non-work-related CTS.
- Discuss various components of the etiology of CTS.
- List the diagnostic criteria for CTS.
- Compare and contrast surgical vs. non-surgical treatment options for CTS.
- Discuss ways to prevent CTS.