The purpose of this course is to assist the professional nurse in understanding, identifying and caring for the drug-seeking patient. Upon completion of this course the professional nurse should be able to meet the following objectives.
This course is available for FREE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Gloria Tartaglia RN
|Method:||Online Self Study
|Course Expiration:||12/31/2014 NOTE: The course must be completed by the expiration date to receive credit
|Categories:||Community & Home Health
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2014.
- Discuss medications most often implicated in prescription drug abuse.
- State conditions, which are associated with drug seeking behavior.
- Identify aspects of behavior that lead a professional to suspect an individual is abusing prescription drugs.
- Discuss professional interventions and responsibilities that should be utilized when caring for a patient suspected of abusing prescription drugs.
- Define drug abuse, drug tolerance, drug dependence, and drug addiction.