The purpose of this course is to assist the professional nurse in understanding, identifying and caring for the drug-seeking patient. Upon completion of this course the professional nurse should be able to meet the following objectives.
Course Publication Date: July 06, 2011
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Gloria Tartaglia RN
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2014.
- Discuss medications most often implicated in prescription drug abuse.
- State conditions, which are associated with drug seeking behavior.
- Identify aspects of behavior that lead a professional to suspect an individual is abusing prescription drugs.
- Discuss professional interventions and responsibilities that should be utilized when caring for a patient suspected of abusing prescription drugs.
- Define drug abuse, drug tolerance, drug dependence, and drug addiction.