The goal of this course is to explain irritable bowel syndrome, its signs and symptoms, pathophysiology and treatment.
This course is available for FREE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Rebecca Boles RN, BSN
|Method:||Online Self Study
|Categories:||Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2013.
- Define irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Explain the incidence of IBS.
- Understand the daily life of an IBS patient.
- Describe the 3-part complex of factors that cause IBS (altered GI motility, GI hypersensitivity and psychosocial).
- List the signs and symptoms of IBS.
- Explain treatment options for patients with IBS.
- Identify the nursing management of a patient with IBS.