The purpose of this course is to explain the symptoms, treatment, and prevention of infestations with very small or microscopic parasitic insects: bed bugs, lice, and mites.
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
- List at least 3 places where bed bugs might hide.
- Discuss bed bug feeding/ biting habits.
- Describe common skin manifestations of bed bug bites.
- List 3 treatment options for bed bug bites.
- List 3 types of lice and characterize infestations.
- Explain treatment options for all 3 types of lice infestations.
- List at least 5 preventive methods for head lice infestation.
- List at least 6 types of mites that can bite and/or cause allergic reactions in humans.
- Describe symptoms and treatment for chigger bites.
- List at least 4 common areas where scabies might infest the body.
- Explain the difference between a common scabies infection and Norwegian scabies.
- Discuss treatment options for scabies.