The goal of this course is to increase the Professional Registered Nurse’s knowledge of wrong site surgery, the risk factors associated with the occurrence of wrong site surgery, and interventions the professional nurse can implement to prevent the incidence of wrong site surgery from occurring.
This course is available for FREE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Gloria Tartaglia RN
|Method:||Online Self Study
|Course Expiration:||12/31/2014 NOTE: The course must be completed by the expiration date to receive credit
|Categories:||Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2014.
- Define wrong site surgery.
- Identify at least 5 risk factors that can contribute to the incidence of wrong site surgery.
- List at least 5 interventions that the surgeon can implement to prevent the occurrence of wrong site surgery.
- List at least 3 interventions that our facilities and perioperative nurses can do to assist the management of wrong site surgery incidents.
- List at least 5 interventions that patients can implement to prevent the occurrence of wrong site surgery.