The purpose of this course is to describe pervasive developmental disorders, the signs and symptoms, treatment options, prognosis, effects on the child’s development in childhood and later life, and the effects it has on the families involved.
This course is available for FREE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Rita Iverson RNC, CDONA
|Method:||Online Self Study
|Date Offered:||12/9/2013 2:09 AM - 2:09 AM
|Categories:||Community & Home Health
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
Psychiatric & Mental Health
- Identify the Autistic Spectrum Disorders.
- Describe what autism is.
- Differentiate between childhood autism and atypical autism.
- Identify the causes of autism.
- Identify the signs and symptoms and characteristics of autism.
- Identify the other childhood disintegrative disorders.
- Describe what Rett syndrome is.
- Identify what Asperger’s syndrome is.
- Identify the differences between autism and Asperger Syndrome
- Describe what autistic savant is.
- Identify the screening methods used, the diagnostic methods and treatment options available for autism spectrum disorder.