The goal of this course is to compare how healthcare is delivered in the United States with other industrialized countries. The article will discuss how our healthcare delivery compares in mortality due to ischemic heart disease, communicable disease, malignant neoplasm, and respiratory diseases, health outcome for obesity and blood pressure,. An understanding of how healthcare systems operate in the United States, as well as other countries, will give nurses a perspective of how a health care system delivery can affect cost and health outcome. As a result, the nurse can assess whether these factors can directly or indirectly influence the overall health in regards to chronic health issues, such as obesity, diabetes, asthma, and cardiovascular diseases.
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Elbina Rafizadeh RN, BSN, MSM
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Career and Self
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Describe the Bismarck model health care system.
- Describe a National Health Insurance Model.
- Describe the Beveridge model health care system.
- Identify how each of the models are already being incorporated in the United States.
- Describe how the United States rates in health outcome for the management of obesity, cardiovascular, and respiratory complications in comparison to other industrialized nations.
- Identify how the United States’ current health care system directly impacts current nursing practice.