The goal of this course is to help healthcare professionals learn about autism symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and more.
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RNC, BS, CDE
|Method:||Online Self Study
|Categories:||Community & Home Health
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2014.
- State the age that autism spectrum disorders typically appear.
- Discuss the prevalence of autism.
- Discuss whether autism is a psychiatric or a neurological disorder.
- Name two common treatments for autism.
- Discuss Dr. Leo Kanner and Dr. Hans Asperger’s works.
- List two characteristic traits of classical autism.
- Describe problems with social relationships and emotional communication people with autism might have.