The goal of this course is to help healthcare professionals learn about autism symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and more.
Course Publication Date: May 09, 2012
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RNC, BS, CDE
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2014.
- State the age that autism spectrum disorders typically appear.
- Discuss the prevalence of autism.
- Discuss whether autism is a psychiatric or a neurological disorder.
- Name two common treatments for autism.
- Discuss Dr. Leo Kanner and Dr. Hans Asperger’s works.
- List two characteristic traits of classical autism.
- Describe problems with social relationships and emotional communication people with autism might have.