The goal of this course is to increase the knowledge base of the professional nurse by explaining abdominal aortic disease. Additionally, information regarding the types of vascular grafts available for repair will be presented. Upon completion, the profession nurse will be able to describe abdominal aortic disease and discuss the use of synthetic aortic grafts, and bifurcated endovascular prosthesis related to the repair of the abdominal aorta along with the methodology for placement of the prosthesis.
This course is available for FREE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Gloria Tartaglia RN
|Method:||Online Self Study
|Categories:||Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2014.
- Define Abdominal Aortic Occlusion and Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm.
- Discuss the patient selection for Open - vs. - Endovascular Prosthesis repair of an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Describe the surgical/interventional radiology set-up required for placement of the endovascular prosthesis.
- Identify the types of Bifurcated Endovascular Prosthesis and Vascular Grafts used.
- State the most common cause of aortic aneurysms.