The goal of this course is to help health care professionals understand, implement and educate their clientele to participate in diabetes blood glucose monitoring.
This course is available for FREE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RNC, BS, CDE
|Method:||Online Self Study
|Date Offered:||3/8/2014 3:57 PM - 3:57 PM
|Categories:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
Nutrition & Fitness & Complimentary
- Discuss how factors such as illness and stress affect blood sugar.
- Describe the most common user error related to SMBG.
- Identify 3 critical uses of SMBG data by persons with diabetes.
- List recommended pre-prandial and postprandial blood glucose ranges.
- List factors that affect the accuracy of self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG) results.
- Discuss how diet and exercise affect blood sugar levels.