The goal of this course is to help health care professionals learn about several different kinds of cancer treatments, and answers to frequently asked questions.
This course is available for FREE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RNC, BS, CDE
|Method:||Online Self Study
|Course Expiration:||12/31/2014 NOTE: The course must be completed by the expiration date to receive credit
|Categories:||Critical Care Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2014.
- Name two types of radiation therapy.
- State the median age at diagnosis for cancer of all sites.
- Name two goals of chemotherapy.
- State three possible side effects of chemotherapy.
- Describe how cancer grows.
- List the three most common types of cancer treatment.
- Name common problems that might be faced immediately after surgery and longer-term complications that may occur.
- State three goals of radiation therapy.