The goal of this course is to help health care professionals learn about several different kinds of cancer treatments, and answers to frequently asked questions.
Course Publication Date: May 30, 2012
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RNC, BS, CDE
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Critical Care Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2014.
- Name two types of radiation therapy.
- State the median age at diagnosis for cancer of all sites.
- Name two goals of chemotherapy.
- State three possible side effects of chemotherapy.
- Describe how cancer grows.
- List the three most common types of cancer treatment.
- Name common problems that might be faced immediately after surgery and longer-term complications that may occur.
- State three goals of radiation therapy.