The goal of this course is to update the nurse’s knowledge relating to the management of the patient with diabetes and macrovascular disease.
This course is available for FREE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RNC, BS, CDE
|Method:||Online Self Study
|Course Expiration:||12/31/2014 NOTE: The course must be completed by the expiration date to receive credit
|Categories:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2014.
- Describe special features of macrovascular disease in persons with diabetes, including pathogenesis, clinical manifestations, detection, and treatment.
- Identify risk factors that may contribute to the prevalence, morbidity, and mortality of macrovascular disease in diabetes.
- Describe assessment and intervention strategies that prevent and/or minimize macrovascular disease in diabetes mellitus.
- Identify the types of macrovascular disease that occur among persons with diabetes mellitus.
- Explain the contribution of macrovascular disease to the overall disease and economic burden associated with diabetes mellitus.