The goal of this course is to help nurses to become more discriminating and savvy users of the research that has become so much a part of Healthcare Practice.
Course Publication Date: June 01, 2012
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Joan Schonbeck RN
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Course Expiration:||12/31/2015 NOTE: The course must be completed by the expiration date to receive credit
|Category:||Career and Self
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2015.
- Know what Evidence-Based Nursing Practice (EBN) is.
- Know how to gain familiarity with the definitions of commonly-used terms that are part of research papers providing EBN.
- Be able to formulate a list of questions a critical thinking nurse might ask while reading a research paper.
- Know the four steps necessary for reading about or carrying out EBN.
- Examine a research paper using a four-step method as a guide.