The goal of this course is to help nurses to become more discriminating and savvy users of the research that has become so much a part of Healthcare Practice.
This course is available for FREE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Joan Schonbeck RN
|Method:||Online Self Study
|Categories:||Career and Self
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Know what Evidence-Based Nursing Practice (EBN) is.
- Know how to gain familiarity with the definitions of commonly-used terms that are part of research papers providing EBN.
- Be able to formulate a list of questions a critical thinking nurse might ask while reading a research paper.
- Know the four steps necessary for reading about or carrying out EBN.
- Examine a research paper using a four-step method as a guide.