The goal of this course is to help health care professionals understand and educate their patients regarding pharmacologic therapies for hypertension and/or dyslipidemia.
This course is available for FREE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RNC, BS, CDE
|Method:||Online Self Study
|Course Expiration:||12/31/2014 NOTE: The course must be completed by the expiration date to receive credit
|Categories:||Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
Nutrition & Fitness & Complimentary
NOTE: The course is expired
- Discuss the rationale for treatment of dyslipidemia and hypertension in people with diabetes.
- State the categories of pharmacotherapies used to treat hypertension and dyslipidemia.
- Identify treatment set points and goals for drug therapy related to hypertension and dyslipidemia in persons with diabetes.
- Discuss guidelines for the treatment of hypertension and dyslipidemia.
- Determine the stage of hypertension based on the person’s systolic and diastolic blood pressure.