The goal of this course is to help healthcare professionals understand the basics of substance abuse and educate their patients regarding these issues.
This course is available for FREE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RNC, BS, CDE
|Method:||Online Self Study
|Date Offered:||3/7/2014 11:13 AM - 11:13 AM
|Categories:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
Psychiatric & Mental Health
- Discuss behavior associated with drug abuse and the spread of HIV infection in the U.S.
- Describe how and why children with ADHD are at high risk for drug abuse.
- Name a variety of drugs (legal and illegal) teenagers might abuse.
- Discuss warning signs of teen substance abuse.
- Describe criteria for substance dependence diagnosis.
- List two primary contributors for the increase in costs to society of drug abuse.