The goal of this course is to help healthcare professionals understand the basics of substance abuse and educate their patients regarding these issues.
Course Publication Date: July 24, 2012
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RNC, BS, CDE
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
Psychiatric & Mental Health
NOTE: The course expired on 12/31/2014.
- Discuss behavior associated with drug abuse and the spread of HIV infection in the U.S.
- Describe how and why children with ADHD are at high risk for drug abuse.
- Name a variety of drugs (legal and illegal) teenagers might abuse.
- Discuss warning signs of teen substance abuse.
- Describe criteria for substance dependence diagnosis.
- List two primary contributors for the increase in costs to society of drug abuse.