The purpose of this study is to explain the cardiac conditions known as mitral valve prolapse (MVP) and mitral valve regurgitation (MVR). This study will explain the pathophysiology of MVP and MVR. The clinical manifestations, treatment and patient concerns associated with these conditions will also be discussed.
This course is available for FREE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Rebecca Boles RN, BSN
|Method:||Online Self Study
|Categories:||Medical & Surgical Issues
- Understand the difference between mitral valve prolapse and mitral valve regurgitation.
- Explain the pathophysiology of mitral valve prolapse and mitral valve regurgitation.
- Identify the clinical manifestations of mitral valve prolapse.
- Explain the diagnostic criteria for MVP and MVR.
- Explain the treatment of MVP and MVR.
- Explain patient prognosis of the patient with mitral valve prolapse and mitral valve regurgitation.
- Identify nursing interventions associated with MVP and MVR.