This purpose of this course is to define, outline transmission, and explain the symptoms, complications, and treatments for sickle cell disease.
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Describe the differences between a normal red blood cell and a sickled cell.
- List 5 common variations of sickle cell disease.
- Explain how sickle cell disease is transmitted.
- List and describe 4 types of crises in sickle cell disease.
- Explain how organ damage occurs with sickle cell disease.
- Discuss symptoms and treatment for acute chest syndrome.
- Describe at least 6 other complications of sickle cell disease.
- Describe 3 types of vaccinations used for preventive treatment.
- Describe at least 4 medications used for sickle cell disease.
- Describe at least 3 other treatments used for sickle cell disease.
- Explain the difference between episodic and chronic transfusions.