The purpose of this course is to define the terms and explain the history, the motivation, the implications, and the procedures for sex reassignment surgery (SRS) for both males to females (MTF) and females to males (FTM).
This course is available for FREE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Method:||Online Self Study
|Categories:||Career and Self
Community & Home Health
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
Psychiatric & Mental Health
- Explain gender dysphoria.
- Discuss the history of gender reassignment surgery.
- Discriminate among the various terms related to sexual identity
- List at least 5 issues related to sex reassignment.
- Discuss the primary reasons for SRS.
- List the 6 primary steps to Standards of Care for SRS.
- Explain the use of hormones in SRS, identifying both reversible and irreversible changes.
- Describe the most common surgical procedures for both male-to-female (MTF) and female-to-male (FTM) sex reassignment.
- Describe methods used to approximate male or female appearance and/or function.
- Discuss post-surgical issues of both MTF and FTM.