The purpose of this course is to define and identify intestinal protozoan parasites, and to explain the distribution, characteristics, infection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention methods.
This course is available for FREE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Method:||Online Self Study
|Categories:||Community & Home Health
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Identify the 2 main types of intestinal parasites.
- Explain the characteristics of protozoa.
- List 5 groups of protozoa.
- Describe the main characteristics of Giardia.
- Describe the main characteristics of Entamoeba histolytica.
- Describe the main characteristics of Balantidium coli.
- Describe the main characteristics of at least two Sporozoa, including Cryptosporidium.
- Describe the main characteristics of microsporidia.
- Describe diagnostic measures for all organisms.
- Describe treatment options for all organisms.
- Describe common methods to prevent infection with protozoa.