The purpose of this course is to outline the incidence, indications, treatment, and preventive methods related to bat and rat bites and scratches, including rat-bite fever.
Course Publication Date: June 10, 2014
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Discuss bat habitats and habits.
- Discuss bat bites and rabies precautions.
- Explain treatment for bat bites.
- Describe guidelines to prevent bat bites.
- Discuss 2 species of commensal rats.
- Discuss rat bites.
- Discuss 2 types of rat-bite fever.
- Describe symptoms and treatment of rat-bite fever.
- Describe guidelines to prevent rat bites/rat-bite fever.