The purpose of this course is to outline the trauma, emergency care, treatment, and preventive methods involved in bite injuries related to dogs.
Course Publication Date: June 10, 2014
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Discuss incidence of dog bites and breeds associated with attacks on humans.
- Discuss clinical manifestations of dog bites.
- Explain how to cleanse the wound area, including psi and irrigant.
- Discuss measures to measure and classify wounds.
- Describe 4 types of wounds.
- Explain the difference between primary and delayed or secondary closure.
- List and describe 3 drug treatments commonly indicated for dog bites.
- Explain the CDC guidelines for preventing dog bites.