The purpose of this course is to differentiate among cancerous, pre-cancerous and cancerous skin lesions and to explain the appearance, symptoms, and treatment for common lesions.
Course Publication Date: June 10, 2014
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Identify at least 5 benign lesions that pose little danger of malignancy.
- Identify 2 common pre-cancerous lesions.
- Explain the difference between common and dysplastic nevi.
- Identify 4 types of malignant skin lesions.
- Explain the difference between basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma.
- Identify 3 different variants of Kaposi’s sarcoma.
- Explain treatment options for Kaposi’s sarcoma.
- Identify at least 8 different treatment options for skin lesions.
- Outline the symptoms and treatment for malignant melanoma.
- Discuss implications of tanning beds.