The purpose of this course is to increase the knowledge base of the professional nurse by explaining abdominal aortic disease. Additionally, information regarding the types of vascular grafts available for repair will be presented.
Course Publication Date: July 12, 2014
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Gloria Tartaglia RN
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Define Abdominal Aortic Occlusion and Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm.
- Discuss the patient selection for Open - vs. - Endovascular Prosthesis repair of an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Describe the surgical/interventional radiology set-up required for placement of the endovascular prosthesis.
- Identify the types of Bifurcated Endovascular Prosthesis and Vascular Grafts used.
- State the most common cause of aortic aneurysms.