The purpose of this course is to describe the trauma, symptoms, emergency care, treatment, and preventive methods for attacks and injuries by alligators, iguanas, and Gila monsters.
Course Publication Date: July 14, 2014
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Discuss the range and number of American alligators.
- List at least 6 activities that increase risk of alligator attacks.
- Describe the most common injuries from alligator attacks.
- Explain first-aid treatment for alligator bites.
- Discuss treatment for alligator bites.
- Discuss guidelines for preventing alligator attacks.
- Discuss behaviors common to iguanas.
- Describe characteristics of iguana-associated injuries.
- Discuss treatment for iguana bites.
- Describe at least 4 methods of disengaging the mouth of a biting iguana.
- Discuss CDC guidelines for preventing Salmonella infections.
- Discuss the habits of Gila monsters.
- Describe typical injuries related to bites by Gila monsters.
- Discuss treatment of Gila monster-associated injuries.