The purpose of this course is to outline the symptoms, treatment, and preventive methods related to stings of bees and fire ants.
Course Publication Date: July 14, 2014
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Explain the difference between the sting of the honeybee and that of the wasp.
- List at least 4 symptoms related to local reactions to bee sting.
- Describe the treatment options for local reactions to bee sting.
- Describe the composition of bee venom.
- List at least 5 symptoms related to allergic/anaphylactic symptoms of bee sting.
- Describe the treatment options for allergic, anaphylactic symptoms of bee sting.
- Explain complications of massive envenomation and ocular envenomation.
- Explain how bee venom therapy is used for MS.
- Describe the local reaction to a fire ant sting.
- List symptoms of severe cases of fire ant stings.
- Discuss treatment options for fire ant stings.
- Explain concerns about the Asian needle ant.