The purpose of this course is to explain the transmission, diagnosis, symptoms, forms, and treatment of Leishmaniasis and issues affecting its emergence as an infectious disease in the United States.
Course Publication Date: July 14, 2014
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Discuss the epidemiology of leishmaniasis.
- Explain how canine leishmaniasis relates to human leishmaniasis.
- List the 3 primary forms of leishmaniasis.
- Describe cutaneous leishmaniasis and at least 3 symptoms.
- Differentiate between cutaneous leishmaniasis and diffuse cutaneous leishmaniasis.
- Describe mucocutaneous leishmaniasis and at least 3 symptoms.
- Describe visceral leishmaniasis and at least 4 characteristics and 2 complications.
- Describe common diagnostic procedures used for each type of leishmaniasis.
- List at least 3 drugs used for leishmaniasis and discuss issues related to treatment.
- Explain the difference between leishmanization and vaccination.
- Describe measures to prevent transmission of leishmania.