The purpose of this course is to outline the symptoms, treatment, and preventive methods related to spider bites and scorpion stings.
Course Publication Date: July 14, 2014
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Explain the difference in envenomation between bites and stings.
- List the two broad categories of spider bites.
- List 4 spiders that pose a danger to humans.
- Discuss the symptoms of black widow spider bites.
- List at least 5 elements of treatment for black widow spider bites.
- Explain necrotic arachnidism.
- List typical symptoms of brown recluse spider bites.
- Discuss treatment options for brown recluse spider bites.
- Discuss the differences between symptoms related to brown recluse spider bites and yellow sac spider bites.
- List typical symptoms of hobo spider bites.
- Explain the categorization of scorpion sting symptoms.
- List at least 5 systems (and associated symptoms) affected by scorpion envenomation.