The purpose of this course is to outline the plague, and murine typhus, symptoms, treatment, and preventive methods related to bites of flies and fleas.
Course Publication Date: September 10, 2014
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
- List 6 different flies that are common pests of humans.
- List the 3 most common symptoms of fly bites.
- Discuss treatment options for fly bites.
- List at least 6 measures to prevent fly bites.
- Describe the manner in which fleas spread disease.
- List and describe 3 types of plague.
- Describe 3 typical symptoms of bubonic plague.
- Describe the respiratory symptoms associated with pneumonic plague.
- Describe at least 3 complications related to septicemic plague.
- Discuss measures to prevent plague.
- Describe transmission of murine typhus.
- Describe symptoms and treatment of murine typhus.