The purpose of this course is to outline the mosquito-borne diseases, arboviral encephalitides (such as West Nile virus), symptoms, treatment, and methods to prevent infection.
Course Publication Date: October 01, 2014
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Discuss 3 primary mosquitoes involved in transmission of arboviruses.
- Discuss 3 types of sensors mosquitoes use to locate prey.
- List and describe at least 8 measures to prevent mosquito bites.
- List at least 6 arboviruses that can infect humans.
- Describe common symptoms related to equine encephalitis infections in humans, western and eastern.
- Discuss treatment options for arboviral encephalitides.
- Discuss Japanese encephalitis.
- Describe 4 different types of West Nile infection.
- Describe the neurological symptoms related to West Nile meningitis/encephalitis.
- Describe West Nile acute flaccid paralysis.
- Discuss St. Louis encephalitis.
- List at least 4 California-related encephalitis arboviruses.
- Discuss La Cross encephalitis.
- Discuss concerns regarding arboviruses in the United States.