The purpose of this course is to provide nurses with the importance of managing postoperative nausea and vomiting in the surgical setting. The main focus of this course is the use of the Transdermal Scopolamine Patch preoperatively.
Course Publication Date: November 01, 2014
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Gloria Tartaglia RN
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
- List the risk factors and surgical factors that are common predictors of post-operative nausea and vomiting.
- List the benefits of using the scope patch preoperatively.
- Identify the contraindications with usage of the scope patch.
- List side effects of the scopolamine patch.
- Explain the importance of managing postoperative nausea and vomiting with surgical patients.