This goal of this course is to educate Healthcare Professionals regarding Intravenous Infusion Therapy for children; including how the developmental stage of the child relates to both physical and psychological considerations.
Course Publication Date: November 01, 2014
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Joan Schonbeck RN
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Understand the reasons intravenous fluid infusion is used in treating children and infants.
- Be aware of the psychological developmental stages of children and how this relates to both their illness and treatment (including IV’s).
- Develop an understanding of the physiological differences between adults and pediatric patients receiving intravenous infusion therapy.
- Name the common venous access sites in children.
- Be aware of the complications associated with Pediatric Infusion Therapy