This article will discuss the effectiveness of palliative care and hospice for the terminally ill patients who elect to die at home. This article will also explore cultural and spiritual aspects of the dying patient.
Course Publication Date: May 10, 2015
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Elbina Rafizadeh RN, BSN, MSM
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
Psychiatric & Mental Health
Oregon AFH / AMH / APD / DD
- Describe the role of palliative therapy for terminally ill patients.
- Differentiate between Hospice care and palliative therapy.
- Identify common symptoms that are reported by terminally ill patients.
- Describe how pain management, spirituality, and grief and bereavement are addressed in palliative care.
- Describe the implications of cultural sensitivity in relation to hospice or palliative care.
- Describe mental and emotional issues of dying patients.
- Describe a current treatment alternative available for dying patients.