The purpose of this course is to describe the many facets of child abuse. The signs and symptoms associated with each type of child abuse will be explored. The details and responsibility for mandatory reporting of child abuse will be explained.This course is not approved for Pennsylvania - the PA approved course is course no. PA-ABUSE-16
Course Publication Date: May 25, 2015
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Gloria Tartaglia RN
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
Psychiatric & Mental Health
- State actions that the reporter is mandated or authorized to take.
- Name the legal protections afforded reporters.
- Describe the consequences for failing to report.
- List physical and behavioral indicators of sexual abuse.
- Define physical neglect and emotional maltreatment.
- Discuss possible disclosure methods of abused children.
- Identify possible behavior and environmental characteristics of abusive parents or caretakers.
- Discuss physical and behavioral indicators of child abuse and maltreatment.
- Discuss CAPTA, NCANDS, and ICAC and role in child abuse reporting and prevention.
- Describe Munchausen’s Syndrome by Proxy.
- Describe Shaken Baby Syndrome.
- Discuss internet crimes against children.