The purpose of this course is to increase the understanding of the professional nurse regarding the current problems and health threats facing the morbidly obese patient. A consideration will be given relative to the treatment, support, as well as surgical intervention when undergoing a weight loss program.
Course Publication Date: August 08, 2015
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Gloria Tartaglia RN
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
Nutrition & Fitness & Complimentary
Psychiatric & Mental Health
- Define Body Mass Index and understand how the BMI relates to normal/obese/morbidly obese individuals.
- List the complications or comorbidities of morbid obesity.
- Discuss the origins related to morbid obesity.
- List the types of intervention for individuals labeled morbidly obese and discuss Bariatric Surgery.
- Identify the post-bypass complications and the need for reconstructive surgical procedures post-weight loss.