The goal of this course is to help health care professionals learn about pediatric abusive head trauma, known also as “shaken baby syndrome” (SBS).
Course Publication Date: August 11, 2015
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RN, BS
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
- List two risk factors that might cause shaken baby syndrome.
- Identify five characteristic injuries or conditions caused by pediatric abusive head trauma.
- Discuss the history of shaken baby syndrome.
- Discuss child maltreatment prevention.
- Describe the clinical presentation of pediatric abusive head trauma patients.
- Discuss the Glasgow Coma Scale parameters.