This purpose of this course is to define, outline transmission, and explain the symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of fragile X syndrome, fragile X-associated tremor/ataxia syndrome (FXTAS), and fragile X-associated primary ovarian insufficiency (FXPOI).
Course Publication Date: September 05, 2015
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Wanda Lockwood RN, BA, MA
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
Psychiatric & Mental Health
- Explain the transmission of fragile X from one generation to another.
- Explain 3 conditions related to premutations of fragile X.
- List at least 2 mental characteristics of those with fragile X.
- List at least 6 physical characteristics of those with fragile X.
- List at least 4 behavioral characteristics of those with fragile X.
- Explain diagnostic procedures for fragile X.
- Discuss treatment options for symptoms of fragile X.
- Discuss 3 common symptoms of fragile X tremor-ataxia syndrome (FXTAS).
- Discuss fragile X-associated primary ovarian insufficiency (FXPOI).