The goal of this article is to explain irritable bowel syndrome, its signs and symptoms, pathophysiology and treatment.
Course Publication Date: October 03, 2015
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Rebecca Boles RN, BSN
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Define irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Explain the incidence of IBS.
- Understand the daily life of an IBS patient.
- Describe the 3-part complex of factors that cause IBS (altered GI motility, GI hypersensitivity and psychosocial).
- List the signs and symptoms of IBS.
- Explain treatment options for patients with IBS.
- Identify the nursing management of a patient with IBS.