The goal of this course is to help nurses learn about the management of the patient with diabetes and macrovascular disease.
Course Publication Date: February 26, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RN, BS
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Describe special features of macrovascular disease in persons with diabetes, including pathogenesis, clinical manifestations, detection, and treatment.
- Identify risk factors that might contribute to the prevalence, morbidity, and mortality of macrovascular disease in diabetes.
- Discuss assessment and intervention strategies that prevent or minimize macrovascular disease in diabetes mellitus.
- Identify the types of macrovascular disease that occur among people with diabetes mellitus.
- Explain the contribution of macrovascular disease to the overall disease and economic burden associated with diabetes mellitus.