The goal of this course is to help nurses learn about the management of patients with diabetes during surgery or an illness.
Course Publication Date: February 27, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RNC, BS, CDE
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
- Identify sick-day situations that require evaluation and possible treatment in an office/clinic, emergency room or hospital setting.
- Identify assessment information needed preoperatively.
- Explain the importance of euglycemia during the perioperative period.
- Explain postoperative concerns.
- Describe the physiological effects of illness and surgery on blood glucose concentrations, ketone levels, and fluid and electrolyte balance.