The goal of this course is to help nurses learn about the management of hypoglycemia.
Course Publication Date: February 27, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Anita Rothera RNC, BS, CDE
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Community & Home Health
Critical Care Medicine
Emergency & Trauma Medicine
Medical & Surgical Issues
Nutrition & Fitness & Complimentary
- Discuss how hypoglycemia can be prevented.
- Describe mild and severe hypoglycemia episodes, including the symptoms associated with varying levels of severity.
- Explain the physiological changes that occur with hypoglycemia.
- Discuss hypoglycemic symptoms, the effects of hypoglycemia on emotions and behavior, and factors underlying symptoms.
- Identify causes of hypoglycemia and possible risk factors for individual patients.
- Explain the treatment for different levels of hypoglycemia, including guidelines for when the person with diabetes is unable to self-treat due to severe hypoglycemic episode.