The purpose of this article is to provide the professional nurse with information regarding the current nursing shortage and methods employed by healthcare organization in an effort to improve working conditions for nurses and thereby retain present nursing staff.
Course Publication Date: March 07, 2016
This course is available with NO ADDITIONAL FEE
if you have an active one year unlimited membership
|Author:||Gloria Tartaglia RN
|Delivery Method:||Online Self Study
|Category:||Career and Self
Leadership & Case Management
Medical & Surgical Issues
- List 2 reasons that prompt registered nurses to leave the profession.
- Describe 3 ways that organizations are trying to encourage retention of nursing staff.
- Compare tangible versus intangible retention tools being utilized.
- Discuss nursing shortage during tough economic times.
- Explain why nursing schools may be at the heart of the problem.